CRANE PROTECTION PLUS: SERVICE CONTRACT AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Throughout this Service Contract, the following definitions apply:
- "Covered Product," means this consumer product used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes and covered by this Service Contract.
- "Customer," "You," or "Your" means the purchaser of this Service Contract.
- "Failure," means the mechanical, electrical, or physical breakdown of this Covered Product caused by defects in materials, workmanship, or by normal wear and tears.
- "Service Contract," means this Service Contract and the sales receipt for this contract, which receipt was incorporated herein by reference.
- "Start Date," means the date coverage under this Service Contract began and was the date the Customer took possession of this Covered Product.
- "We," "Us," and "Our," means the party obligated under the terms and conditions of this Service Contract (the "Obligor"), which is Crane Service, in all states where authorized by applicable law, and the retailer of this Covered Product in all other states.
Service and Coverage
This Service Contract covers the cost of repairing or replacing a mechanical or electrical failure of this Covered Product caused by defects in workmanship, materials, or by normal wear and tears. This Covered Product may either be repaired or replaced at Our discretion. The replacement may be of equal value and features or the same manufacturer's specifications of the original product. Our liability is limited, at Our option, to the lesser of:
- the actual cost of repair;
- replacement of this Covered Product or any defective part; or
- the original purchased price of this Covered Product.
Replacement parts may be either new or remanufactured when the original parts become unavailable. Parts that are replaced become Our property. Coverage commences on the date this Customer took possession of this Covered Product and includes the manufacturer's factory warranty period. Parts and services covered by the manufacturer during the manufacturer's warranty period will be the manufacturer's responsibility. If this Service Contract was purchased after the date that this Covered Product was purchased and the manufacturer's warranty has expired, no claim can be made within sixty (60) days of this Service Contract start date without prior inspection or manager's approval.
If repair is required, call 1-508-548-8907 Extension 1002 to report a Failure. While We try to complete service as quickly as possible, We are not responsible for delays caused by factors beyond Our control, including, but not limited to manufacturer's delays or acts of God.
Conditions and Exclusions
This Covered Product must be maintained in accordance with the requirements and/or recommendations set forth by the manufacturer. Evidence of proper maintenance and/or service may be required to validate a claim. Failures due to lack of proper maintenance or cleaning will not be covered, subject to applicable state law.All repairs must be performed by Crane Appliance Service. Unauthorized repairs will result in denial of this claim and the cost of repair will be the responsibility of the Customer. In-home service is provided on all products. Exclusions to this would be when a product is required to be serviced in our shop because of space limitations. The cost of pick up and re delivery would be the customer's responsibility. This cost would be a fixed amount and all additional costs would need to be approved by You the Customer prior to starting the repair.
The following are not covered by this Service Contract:
Any conditions existing prior to the Start Date:
- Neglect, abuse, or misuse of this Covered Product
- Damage caused by non-authorized repair personnel
- Accidental or intentional physical damage, spilled liquids, insect, or animal infestation Corrosion, blockages, denting, or scratching
- Acts of God
- Manufacturer recall
- War, invasion, act of a foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, riot, strike, labor disturbance, lockout, or civil commotion
- Any external causes such as fire, water ingress, sand, theft, or weather
- Modifications to this Covered Product not authorized by Crane Service or the manufacturer
- Failure resulting from commercial use, public rental, or communal use in multi-family home, unless the amount of use does not exceed that expected in a single family home and is nonrevenue producing
- Preventative maintenance
- Cost of installation, removal, or reinstallation of this Covered Product
- Any loss other than a Failure of this Covered Product
- Any product with a removed or altered serial number
- Failure covered by any other warranty, service contract, or any insurance
- Any replacement of consumable or disposable items, such as knobs, batteries, filters, or bulbs
- Replacement of refrigerant coolant unless loss was caused by a covered failure
- Repair of cosmetic or plastic damage where the function of this Covered Product is unaffected
- Service calls where no problem was found
In addition to those exclusions the appliance must be installed in accordance with all laws for the state of Massachusetts. Appliances must be installed so they can be removed as they were designed for proper service. Any additional labor for having an appliance removed that was not accessible will be the consumer's responsibility.
We may cancel this Service Contract for fraud or material misrepresentation, including but not limited to commercial or rental use. Unauthorized use shall result in the cancellation of this Service Contract, subject to applicable state law. In the event of cancellation by Us, written notification of cancellation shall be mailed not less than thirty (30) days before cancellation is effective, which notice shall state the effective date of and reason for cancellation. The Customer may cancel this Service Contract at any time in the first thirty (30) days by mailing or delivering to the dealer of this Service Contract administrator notice of cancellation. If cancelled within thirty (30) days of this Service Contract application date, a full refund of the price paid for this Service Contract will be made provided no service has been performed. After the thirty (30) days a prorated formula would apply as long as this Service Contract has not been used.
This Service Contract may be transferred to another owner of this Covered Product by providing the name and address of the new owner within fifteen (15) days of change of ownership for a $50.00 fee.
Term and Renewal
This Service Contract has a term as indicated on the application page, which begins from the Start Date. A renewal of this Service Contract may be offered at Our discretion at a renewal price and terms reflecting the age of this Covered Product, current service costs, product repair history, and actuarial data.
Crane Service is the Obligor under this Service Contract in the following states: Massachusetts. This Service Contract represents the entire agreement between the Customer and Crane Appliance Service, and any modifications, waivers, or amendments to this Service Contract must be accepted in writing by both You and Us.
CRANE APPLIANCE PROVIDES AUTHORIZED WARRANTY REPAIRS ON CAPE COD, AND MARTHA'S VINEYARD IN MASSACHUSETTS!
If your appliances need repair and you need authorized in or out of warranty repair call the Crane Appliance Service Department instead of the manufacturer! We are a local, family owned company that has the authorization and best team that can research your problem and find out what repairs are needed.
We also take care of the necessary paperwork and process the warranty claim for you so there's less hassle! Our trained customer service representatives and technicians will walk you through your warranty claim to make things as easy as possible.
Call our Service Department at (508) 548-8907 ext. 1002 to get your in or out of warranty repair started today!